First RHCN meeting, Hindsgavl Castle 2012
A first meeting of the RHCN took place on June 4-5 in the small town of Middelfart, Denmark. The meeting place was the Hindsgavl Castle. (The website is unfortunately in Danish, but you can find some information on the tourist pages for Middelfart.)
The format of the meeting was long discussions punctuated by short presentations.
- The programme can be found here.
- A list of participants can be found here.
- Group photo and other pictures
Workshop materials (the materials have graciously been made available by the presenters, who no doubt will appreciate comments and feedback).
- Erik Hollnagel / Tutorial on Resilience Engineering in health care
- Sam Sheps & Karen Cardiff / Looking at success vs. looking at failure: Is quality safety? Is safety quality?
- Rollin J. (Terry) Fairbanks, Shawna J. Perry, Mark S. Smith & Robert L. Wears / Separating resilience from success: case studies of resilient failure and brittle success.
- Paries, J. & Lot, N. / Can Resilience Engineering help understanding the performance of Intensive Care Units in abnormal disturbed situations?
- Alessandra Gorini, Ketti Mazzocco, Gabriella Pravettoni / e-resilience: the use of computer-based technology to enhance patient safety
- Anne Sophie Nyssen / Crisis situations, flexibility, adaptive or and routine expertise studied in robotic surgery
- An incomplete summary of the discussion on June 4.
- Sheuwen Chuang / Standardization versus adaptation for patient safety: a lesson learned from three scabies outbreaks
- Carl MacRae / Standardising Resilience? Organising, regulating and coordinating patient safety improvement
- Jeanette Hounsgaard / The design of resilient processes in the care path way
- Pascale Carayon / The role of patients in resilience and patient safety
- Patricia H. Strachan / Mrs. Jones can’t breathe!! Can a resilience framework help?
- Rob Robson / Making the form fit the fuss